Thursday, June 28, 2007

No news but I'm Angry

Nothing to report on other than that it's one week till the Tour de France's start. Here is my angry report on Shimano Disk Brakes. I absolutely hate them. My major problem with these brakes are the adjustment capabilities. The shimano only can be adjusted with the mounting bolts. Where as many other brands have the capabilities to adjust the pad width. The shimano doesn't. This causes great difficulty to be able to stop the rubbing of the rotor with the pads. I would much rather choose any other maker than Shimano. I would much like to advise any purchaser of disk brakes to buy Sram's brand Avid. Avid now produces theses sweet Carbon Fiber levers to go with the Avid Juicy Seven Brakes. Go buy them instead please for the sake of stopping the rubbing.

No comments: