Thursday, May 24, 2007

Steroids and the Giro

Today Danilo Di Luca won stage 12 today and also regained the overall lead. I felt this would happen sooner or later, thanks to the tremendous start the Liquigas team had. With 3 racers in the top 4 places is a very fearful thing to see. Specially since I am a CSC fan myself. Today I have also learned that two more cyclist have come out and reported that they used steroids. This is very upsetting since that in the past week there has been a large number of theses reports coming out. Today it was Erik Zabel and Rolf Aldag admitting. This is such a major problem and every one knows this. It is a contagious disease within pro cycling. Once one person takes it and becomes a major force it cause others to take it so that they can compete with this person. And for the Landis case if he did do it he should come clean cause his image has already been damaged enough. But I am on his side if he didn't take it I'm routing for him cause he is a fellow American and I am a fan of his anyway.

No comments: